Thursday, October 1, 2009

Being someone else

Everyday our lives are influenced by the many things happening in society. We have the choice to change ourselves to be like the many people we see in the media or the people that surround us in our lives or we can choose to be our own person. I know myself that I have changed certain things about myself thinking it might make me happier in some way or another. If we do this though are we truly happy being like someone else or trying to live up to societies standards? Maybe if we just be the person we really are we are a model for someone else. Not necessarily in the sense of someone wanting to be like you but someone knowing that it is okay to be your own person. So yes I do believe that wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you and the person you are supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment