Monday, November 2, 2009

Death of WSC student

I recently found out about the girl that had died due to a her struggling with an eating disorder. I think this death is extremely tragic a young girl around my age is difficult to see pass. I know people who have struggled and still do struggle with eating disorders and can't help think how sad it truly is. I believe they look in the mirror and see someone else and not who they truly are. It breaks my heart knowing that our society has put so much pressure on young people to look a certain way it kills them. I know myself I see pictures of models and wish that I had that swimsuit body but know that isn't realistic and I'm okay with being average and try to tell myself it could be worse. This is a hard sad loss and only wish there was more someone could have done before it got to this point. Hopefully in the future at Wayne State we'll be more aware and accepting of how people look and appreciate everyone for who they truly are.

No comments:

Post a Comment